Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
kevlarji
Follower
Follower

Hi - When my camera is armed and there is heavy/moderate rain I receive a notification every 5-10 seconds. Overnight I received 640 notifications.... anyway I can stop this? 

For the interim, I have turned of notification for any motion detection and limited only to people, animals, parcels, etc..

However, still in this time the light sensor comes on every time rain is detected even though I no longer receive a notification. 

6 REPLIES 6
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

same, I just disarm which isn't really ideal. I just hope burglars don't want to attempt anything in the rain

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why not turn down motion sensitivity in your modes and rules instead of disarming them? A bit of trial and error to get the right setting while still getting the recordings/notifications you want but should be possible.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Tried that all the way down to 1%.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You've been around long enough to know but still gotta ask - in your modes and rules?

I don't think I've never had rain trigger my cameras. Do you live in a monsoon area?

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

In modes and rules yes.

It seems the worst with the Pro 3 Floodlight. My ultra isn't as bad, nor are my Pro 1s or 2s.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I have rarely had rain trigger a cam and I have a med to high sensitivity set. I have had thick fog do it once in a while on Pro3. Not sure if it is the angle of your floodlight cam but you can try. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation