Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification by Nov 30th, 2020 to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Base Stations

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to use my two Pro 3 Floodlights with a base station and not connect to the cloud?

Thanks,

Jeff

Model: VMB5000 | Arlo Ultra SmartHub
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

Possible? Yes. Useful? No.

Arlo needs the server connection to manipulate the system. You don't have to have cloud recording if that's the issue - use the local storage and don't have any subscriptions. I doubt you can access the local storage without an Internet connection so you'd have to pull the drive for viewing on a computer (while risking filesystem corruption because of the inability to safely eject the drive)

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Understood,

It's the subscription I was hoping to avoid. The internet connection w/o monthly fees. Also, can I record to the base station in a continuous manner? These short clips are a help, but I'd really like them to be longer.

Thanks!

Jeff

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless you have a metered Internet connection, there's no charge for the use of Arlo without a subscription.

No, there's no continuous recording unless you subscribe to CVR (Continuous Video Recording). That's a separate sub.

Rercording length is set in your modes and rules. Read the FAQs here in the support section for full details. You can get up to 2 minute recordings per trigger or up to 5 minutes for "record until motion stops" as long as you understand that it's what the camera determines as motion, not your eyes. Testing would be in order.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see the settings now that you were talking about. I had no idea what "modes" meant. 

Thank you, 

Jeff

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation