Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Johnsonabq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to use my two Pro 3 Floodlights with a base station and not connect to the cloud?

Thanks,

Jeff

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Possible? Yes. Useful? No.

Arlo needs the server connection to manipulate the system. You don't have to have cloud recording if that's the issue - use the local storage and don't have any subscriptions. I doubt you can access the local storage without an Internet connection so you'd have to pull the drive for viewing on a computer (while risking filesystem corruption because of the inability to safely eject the drive)

Johnsonabq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Understood,

It's the subscription I was hoping to avoid. The internet connection w/o monthly fees. Also, can I record to the base station in a continuous manner? These short clips are a help, but I'd really like them to be longer.

Thanks!

Jeff

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless you have a metered Internet connection, there's no charge for the use of Arlo without a subscription.

No, there's no continuous recording unless you subscribe to CVR (Continuous Video Recording). That's a separate sub.

Rercording length is set in your modes and rules. Read the FAQs here in the support section for full details. You can get up to 2 minute recordings per trigger or up to 5 minutes for "record until motion stops" as long as you understand that it's what the camera determines as motion, not your eyes. Testing would be in order.

Johnsonabq
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see the settings now that you were talking about. I had no idea what "modes" meant. 

Thank you, 

Jeff

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation