Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem installing Pro 3 floodlight camera

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Bodaisy_51
Follower
Follower

I have 3 other Arlo cameras and a doorbell.  They all work great; however, I just purchased the Pro 3 floodlight camera and it will not connect to my system via the smart hub or directly via WiFi.  I have followed all of the instructions that I can find.

Can anyone provide a suggestion?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bodaisy_51 wrote:

I have 3 other Arlo cameras and a doorbell.  They all work great; however, I just purchased the Pro 3 floodlight camera and it will not connect to my system via the smart hub or directly via WiFi.  I have followed all of the instructions that I can find.

Can anyone provide a suggestion?

Are you trying to on-board it using a mobile device?  Or are you using a PC?

What base station do you have?

How far are you getting in the process?  For instance, are you hearing the chime when you present the QR code to the camera (when on-boarding to home wifi)?

Willie147
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. Trying to connect by Wi-fi. Camera will read the scan, blink for 15 seconds and then time out. Camera not discovered. Anyone have a solution? Live chat did not...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be fastest to swap at the store.

Willie147
Aspirant
Aspirant
Problem solved. I used another iPhone which did not have a SIM card inserted. Both cameras installed with no issue!
patrice01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

I'm in the installation process - I bought two floodlight cameras - I can get them each to pair but the next step that says "searching for arlo camera" fails.  What is it I'm doing wrong or need to do?  Thank you!

pattid

RalphYoung
Tutor
Tutor

Patrice01, 

First check your wifi connections and frequency. Arlo Pro 3 floodlight cameras only work on 2.4 mg wifi if you are trying to install them on a 5.0 band with they will not be recognized. If you have more than one channel on your network the 2.4 is often the weakest signal. It also helps to make sure your cell phone you are viewing them with is on the same 2.4 network. These cameras require a lot of power, both wifi and internet upload. I found the wifi that was part of my ISP's service was not powerful enough and had to add a 2nd router just for the cameras. Then your internet speed. Each pro 3 camera requires at least 2mbs "Upload" speed to work. Often Internet providers advertise very fast "Download" speeds but don't tell you that you get very slow "Upload" speeds. Good Luck.

Ralph

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation