Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro3 Floodlight light will not trigger with motion after adding base and subscribing to CVR - help!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RonSwanson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all - can anyone help, I’m beyond frustrated! I recently installed a Pro3 Floodlight - connected it to the network without a base and it worked perfectly. We however wanted the CVR option, only to find out we needed a base after the fact. I got the base a few days later, installed the base, removed the camera then re-added it back to connect through the base. Added the CVR option to our account - everything seemed fine. Then as it got dark, I noticed the floodlight was not triggering when motion was detected. I saw through other articles that I needed to add a custom mode to trigger the floodlight - so I tried that. Nothing. I have spent hours trying to resolve this. The light worked fine till I added the base and switched to the CVR plan. Can anyone help me get my light working WITH the CVR plan/base addition? If not - this is worthless as the night vision just doesn’t get it done for watching the front of our house at night. Thank you so much for your help and time!
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My floodlight doesn't have CVR but that really should have no effect. Since the floodlight worked before, it should work now. Can you manually turn the floodlight on? Is the check box to turn the light on enabled in your rule(s)? Have you check the light settings in the camera settings? It may be worthwhile to remove and resync the floodlight to see if that helps.

RonSwanson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the message jguerdat! Yes, I can trigger the light manually. The check box in the standard “armed” mode is checked for the light to turn on, and then in the custom mode I created - it is also checked. I have also checked all the light settings, video settings, etc. I removed the camera, re-added it - still nothing. Also took the battery out for one minute and disconnected the power - nothing. Another thing to note, once I trigger the flood light manually, the camera fails to go back to night vision. I have to literally go on, disable night vision then let it sit for a while, then turn night vision back on - and then at some point night vision will work again on my timeline. I’m beyond frustrated as it is intermittent - minus the flood light portion - that is constant! The motion works sometimes, sometimes it doesn’t. Night vision/color gets stuck. This has been a nightmare!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Kinda sounds like a hardware problem. Either swap at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RonSwanson,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation