Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Eyang
Follower
Follower

Before you buy you have to pay for a subscription!
I been in the phone for 2 days trying to connect to someone and get a call back. When I finally got a call back the lady was super rude, vague In explaining things. She telling me I needed to disconnect all my other arlo cameras, to syncing the hub station and the pro 3 flood light. Then explain I needed a new hub station. I didn’t get why I needed another hub station when I already had one. After trying to understand what she was saying for 35 min and she finally mentions I need to connect the pro 3 flood light to a router, I was very frustrated at this point and told the lady why didn’t she mention this from the beginning. She started blaming me saying she was try to explain this to me and I told her she never mention connecting the pro 3 flood light to the router until now, in fact she was telling me I needed to buy a new hub station which is why I’m upset. I requested to speak to a different representative and she just hung up on me. I wasted a whole days trying to connect this device and already unhappy with the customer service department !

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

You should read the FAQ at the start of this forum to start with. The PRO3 Floodlight comes with a 3 month trial for smart but that should not effect your cam from connecting so subscription has nothing to do do with that. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Eyang wrote:

I told her she never mention connecting the pro 3 flood light to the router until now, in fact she was telling me I needed to buy a new hub station which is why I’m upset.

The choice is yours. If you have a hub, then you can connect the Pro 3 floodlight to that.

If you prefer it, then you can connect it to the wifi from your router.

This hub or router connection is a new development for Arlo.

In either case, it helps to read the instructions and, as @dcfox1 suggests, reading the FAQs.

If you can't get that to work, then explain here what problems you have, what you have done and where it goes wrong.

All I can tell from your message is that you got into an argument with the support people. We can't help you there.  This community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Arlo techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Arlo. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation