Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlight connection to Smart hub

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tinman54
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having trouble connecting my Pro 3 Floodlight to a new 4045 Smart Hub.  After going thru all steps to add the Smart hub to my account and then add the Floodlight camera, the Floodlight camera shows a live feed on the Arlo account, but no recordings. Also going to settings, the camera shows connecting to wifi, not the Smart hub. How can I connect the camera to the Smart hub and not wifi and maybe get recordings. Don't want a subscription to cloud service.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tinman54 wrote:

After going thru all steps to add the Smart hub to my account and then add the Floodlight camera, the Floodlight camera shows a live feed on the Arlo account, but no recordings. 

Have you checked the subscription status?

@Tinman54 wrote:

After going thru all steps to add the Smart hub to my account and then add the Floodlight camera, 

You should see the option of connecting the camera to the base in the setup procedure.  Can you confirm that you did see that option (and of course used it).  No QR code scan would have been needed.

Tinman54
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, went thru steps to connect camera to the hub with no QR code.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tinman54 wrote:

Yes, went thru steps to connect camera to the hub with no QR code.

Then your issue about "the camera shows connecting to wifi," is resolved?

Tinman54
Aspirant
Aspirant

With assistance from Arlo support chat, I was able to connect the camera to the new smart hub not wifi. Don't have Subscription to cloud storage and don't want it.   Problem not solved yet because new hub does not have local storage like old base station. New smart hub does have USB port to add local storage. Need to get new thumb drive to hopefully solve issue.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation