Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fraymorejr
Tutor
Tutor

On my property I've installed 4) Ultra 4k Cams, 4) Pro 3 Floodlight Cams, 1) Doorbell Video cam & 2) Pro Cams networked via base stations: VMB 4000 for 2) Pro, VMB 5000 for 4) Ultra & 1) Doorbell Cam & 2) VMB 4500's for 4) Pro 3 Floodlight Cams.

I'm using the default sensitivity settings of 80 on every single Arlo Cam except the 4) Pro 3 Floodlight cams.

All 4 Floodlight cams set off motion alerts all the way down to a setting of 30 sensitivity if the slightest bug flys near the lense or lawn sprinklers being activated. I'm in Southwest Florida on a saltwater canal, so occasional swarms of bugs will be the norm, (no different than snowflakes in the north).

Have these Floodlight cams been tested under these conditions and is there a solution available? I am seriously considering returning all 4) Pro 3 Floodlight cams out of concerns that not enough sensitivity (30) can be deployed to detect a person and too much sensitivity sets off motion alerts when bugs are detected.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fraymorejr,

Sensitivity will behave a bit differently depending on the conditions in every specific environment. If you're experiencing undesired triggers at your current sensitivity settings, continue to dial back the sensitivity until you no longer receive false triggers and test to see if you still receive the desired results by moving in front of the cameras field of view.

JamesC

fraymorejr
Tutor
Tutor
Unfortunately what seems to be the only solution is disabling Night Vision in all 4 Pro 3 Floodlight Cams.
Disabling this function instantly solved the problem. Sensitivity is now stable at 80%. I hope there will be a fix for this problem soon, because night vision is a very important feature that I'd really like to have back.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation