Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New arlo floodlight issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Quansautorepair
Follower
Follower
I just purchased my arlo pro 3 floodflight (no hub) from bestbuy yesterday. Set up was a breeze, also mounted it. The camera (floodlight) is mounted about 20ft from my internet modem (2.4ghz), battery is at 100% and internet connection is strong.

1st problem - on the bottom of the arlo app, there are only two options, devices & library... no modes, etc. There is a button for settings on top, but no way to record.

2nd problem - it detects motion but does not record anything... and I've yet to find ANY options for recording or setting rules. I also do not get any notifications and yes the setting for notifications are all turned on.

3rd - everytime i try to access my camera, 7/10 times it always say camera is offline. I have to close/reopen my app AT LEAST 5 times in order for the camera to actually be "online"
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Something is wrong with your phone and/or app. Reboot the phone and reinstall the app. As you note, there should be a Mode selection along with Devices and Library. The lack of a Mode selection means you can't edit your modes and rules which is where all settings for detection and recording are. Gotta fix that first.

You can also try the web client to see if that works differently. You can use a mobile browser if set to use the desktop version of the site.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation