Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SipasDad
Guide
Guide

Hi folks

I’m on my second floodlight cam. Had hoped I just had a defective one the first go round. But this one has the same issue. Must be systemic.

Unless the camera is restarted periodically, it will get into a mode where the LEDs and floodlight fail to come on in the dark even though the camera triggers and records. This results in videos that are almost completely black, of course. Restarting always works to correct the problem. But this is not a situation I should have to accept.

The camera is plugged in 100% of the time. Yes - it’s an Arlo branded outdoor cable. The camera is installed at a remote cabin. So I can’t just pop over to trouble shoot on-site. 

Anyone solved this issue before?
Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera 

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

SipasDad
Guide
Guide

On the first camera, I've repeatedly tried the standard remedies: removing the battery to reset, restarting, removing the camera from the account and reconnecting it, and most significantly, buying a new camera... Just seems to be a matter of time online before it gets into that mode. Restarting always fixes it. But the only way I know there is an issue is that the recordings start to come in without IR or the floodlight activating. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have notified my team so they can look in to this for you, I will provide another update as soon as I hear more. 

SipasDad
Guide
Guide

Excellent. Thank you. Looking forward to hearing some ideas on this issue.

SipasDad
Guide
Guide

How about an update? The problem persists. About once a week i have to reset this camera to avoid videos that look like the attached screenshot - except usually it’s pitch black. You can’t tell it readily but there is a person in that shot who has walked 15 feet through the cameras field of view. We arrived at the cabin tonight at dusk. Once I reset the camera, the floodlight and LEDs came on as expected… 

c’mon guys…

5C8434D6-AB5B-4EDC-A239-E764320350E9.jpeg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I'm requesting for an update. I'll report back ASAP. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43258793

SipasDad
Guide
Guide

Thank you. I received a request from the support team asking for the S/N. I provided both the S/N for the current floodlight camera and previous one that had the same issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Perfect, hopefully the issue is resolved for you. 

SipasDad
Guide
Guide

Not yet. But I’ll update the thread when/if it is.

SipasDad
Guide
Guide

Shayne - I think I need your help here. The support folks have missed the windows I have given them to call me two days in a row now. And the message I got indicated they thought the videos were “pink”… not exactly inspiring confidence.

if I can’t get them to call me today then I’ll be 150 miles away from the camera again for another few weeks.

Experiences like this are why I have stopped calling Arlo technical support and have started just trying to trouble shoot on my own with help from the community.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation