Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Vladd
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would like for the camera motion sensor to be active while the system is disarmed.

Why? I have the floodlight facing the front yard. Using the motion sensor and the HomeKit app I can set up an automation when motion is detected to turn on my philips hue lights.

Problem: the motion sensor only works while devices are armed. This causes a ton of spam trough push notifications or email while at home.

If the motion sensors are always active regardless of the arming status it will offer us more opportunities to set up automations. Maybe occupancy detection, movement direction and more so that more automations can be liked to the cameras features
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vladd,

You can create a custom mode to achieve what you are describing. For more information on how to create a custom mode, take a look starting on page 34 of the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight manual: Pro 3 Floodlight Camera user Manual

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vladd,

You can create a custom mode to achieve what you are describing. For more information on how to create a custom mode, take a look starting on page 34 of the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight manual: Pro 3 Floodlight Camera user Manual

JamesC

Vladd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, u actually can’t without arming the device and receiving tons of spam via push notifications or email.
Yes you can disable the notifications but it’s for only 24 hours max and if I leave the house i need to go an enable them manually.
Why can’t the sensor just be active while the device is disarmed?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vladd,

When creating a custom mode, you can disable push notifications and/or email notifications. Have you tried creating a custom mode?

JamesC

Vladd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey James,

Yea I did, the Save button is grayed out (disabled) until I choose one of the 2 options. Push or email. Can’t save the custom mode without selecting one of the two
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vladd,

Which client are you using (web, iOS or Android)? I just tested this and was able to create mode that allows the floodlight to turn on when motion is detected with no push or email notificaitons.

JamesC

Vladd
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using iOS. Did you do it on web?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vladd,

I used Android and Web client. Both are working.

JamesC

Vladd
Aspirant
Aspirant
IT works from web but not on the first try. So the iOS app is not up to date with the features. It would have been stupid not to be able to use the light or sensor.

Ty James
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation