Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rockopup19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have become extremely dissatisfied with the continued in and out live streaming service. I've only had the camera for week and it's given me such a headache. I do not have a base or smart hub. I purchased a mesh Wi-Fi router system for better coverage in case something like this happened (where connectivity issues would hinder the efficacy of the camera). It is only after I reboot the router and modem does it work, but only for a little while, then it proceeds to "disconnect" as the "camera failed to connect. try again later" error message appears later on in the day (usually within a couple of hours). I have an iPhone 7 and it is compatible with Arlo and has the most up to date software version. The web portal has issues too and my Amazon Echo Show 5 as well (additionally it lags significantly on this). It's become such an inconvenience having to do this on the daily. The whole point of a camera is to be able to see when we physically are unable to. I need a permanent solution to this plugging and unplugging nonsense. Please help. Any suggestions? I'm going really insane about this issue. I've contacted Arlo support and it's just the same "fix" to the never-ending problem. Thank you, anyone willing to help out.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rockopup19,

The symptoms you describe are often related to interference or signal strength issues. How far away from your WiFi connection is the camera? What does the signal strength icon show?

JamesC

rockopup19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Eero Wifi mesh router system and I have one of the Eero's in the garage, right where I have placed the camera (outside of the garage). It couldn't be more than five feet away. The main gateway is in the living room and sometimes it'll disconnect and become connected to this Eero instead. Right now, it is demonstrating full bars.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation