Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Light turning ON when OFF and OFF when ON - Arlo Floodlight

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
No_Username
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, you read it right.

My new, not even a month old Arlo flood light is doing something strange since the last week. 

The camera works normally (from the camera point of view) and records movement, etc, but the flood light doesn't come on when the movement happen in the night. When testing the camera I turned the light manually on, no joy, but then I turned the light off and voila, there's light...

I have removed and reset the camera many times, installed the camera as stand alone or with the base, the outcome is the same, works for a moment, but when the night come, nothing happens.

Support just ask to remove and reset, re-add, and do it again. I don't know what is happening.

Does anybody is having the same issue?

Regards,

R

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

No_Username,

What device are you using when this happens (iOS, Android, PC)? Do you experience the same behavior when using other devices?

JamesC

No_Username
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey, 

Thanks for the reply.

My iPhone and iPad, my wife iPhone, my Windows computer, no matter the browser.

Thank you,

R

No_Username
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, no one has this problem... 

Here is a video of the issue happening:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/939c89e3a0204d65120da837cddb0ef620200928094903/07ee06a22df73ffc0d1f...

So far, Arlo support is really slow.

DaMamaBear
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I’ve been having similar problem. My light turns on during the day not at night. It seems like the dusk to dawn sensing is backwards. I haven’t tried resetting yet as I always notice when I going out and forget when I get back home.
When I first installed it worked fine. This seems to have started about a month or so ago.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation