Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introducing the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight.PNG

Security at its brightest.
The award-winning Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera illuminates your property like never before.  Experience clear 2K video, superior brightness, and a convenient wire-free design.

For more information about your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight and some other helpful resources, check out the links below:

Community Q&A: Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera Q&A 

Arlo Knowledge Base

YouTube

If you have any questions about the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight, post down below and we'll get to each one as soon as we can. If you need additional help, visit Arlo Support for more articles and resources.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

35 REPLIES 35
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jasonm47,

For more information on the Arlo Smarthub, take a look here: What are the benefits of the SmartHub?

JamesC

ShapingYouth
Tutor
Tutor

I've had trouble tickets opened on this floodlight repeatedly as it is NOT holding a charge. They sent me a new battery and it's been in two weeks and already sending emails "low bat" so what gives? Previous ticket #42018701 but no way to access prior updates it times out w/error codes. Cust service is problematic. Called for an hour to no avail as well...HOW can we reach Arlo to get follow through? Every message has been a 'do not reply' code followed by cycled frozen access issues...HELP? Have multiple Q cams and a floodlight all hubbed in one account. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ShapingYouth,

Manual streaming and recording will increase battery consumption. How much usage does your floodlight see? Is it pointed toward a high traffic area?

JamesC

ShapingYouth
Tutor
Tutor

No, not at all, end of cul-de-sac, very little action...give or take a night critter. Would wind set it off?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ShapingYouth,

What does the signal strength icon show for the floodlight? Poor signal strength can also cause increased battery consumption.

JamesC

markymark440
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I have an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight, the "Smart" trial has just ended and I can no longer select video recording. How do I enable this? I have a VMB4000 with local storage and "Best local recording" enabled but don't seem to be able to enable video recording in any mode. I have raised a support case but have had no reply. 

I am annoyed as my other cameras have a free 7day cloud recording, I don't want any of the smart features, or even long video retention. 

Please let me know if this is achievable or I will return the camera. 

Thanks

M

dcfox1
Master
Master

You need the smart subscription for cloud recordings on the Pro3 Floodlight. The Pro2 and older have the 7 day free storage. You can still use the local storage. On the VMB4000 base you need to remove the USB and view them on a computer. It is the VMB4540 Smart Hub or up that you can use the app to view local. 

markymark440
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your prompt response, however as I mentioned in my question, it DOES NOT allow me to record to local storage from the Floodlight camera, the Pro2's work to local storage no problem. See attached screenshot. All firmware and app is up to date. 

ShapingYouth
Tutor
Tutor

Signal strength is fine, WIFI router is near window where floodlight is, and we're in Silicon Valley, so ? At this point it's off more than it's on so I am getting quickly to 'why bother' mode, as I can't seem to get answers via trouble ticket either...no way to access customer service efficiently...sigh. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ShapingYouth,

Customer support can be reach using one of the methods here: Arlo Support Team

Do you have a ticket already that I can reference and escalate if needed?

JamesC

ShapingYouth
Tutor
Tutor

yes, I've tried to use the same one that was opened but nada...can't initiate a new one for whatever reason, just no humans or tech support to deal with...stayed on phone over an hour using the 408 Cust Svc number, but nada. Case Number: 42031111

Discussion stats