Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
NOCS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm ready to return this flood light with out a customer service number it's very inconvenient.  I already looked at articles and can not locate where you can filter motion.  I do not when be notified every time a bird lands on the driveway.  Can anyone assist before I decide to disassemble?  Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NOCS wrote:

I already looked at articles and can not locate where you can filter motion.  I do not when be notified every time a bird lands on the driveway.  

If you don't have a subscription, the options you have are 

• adjust the camera positioning to put as much as the unwanted motion out of the field of view.  Keep in mind that the camera is particularly sensitive to motion across the field of view, and is more sensitive at the bottom of the field of view than the top.
  • Adjust the motion sensitivity in the camera rules.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

A subscription adds two more tools:

• activity zones can eliminate unwanted notifications and recordings that are within the field of view, but still unwanted.
  • Smart notifications can be used to filter the notifications you receive - for instance, you could disable notifications for animals and "all other motion", which would largely solve the bird issue you mention above.  Note recordings are still made - the filtering only applies to the notifications.
dkumarmd
Initiate
Initiate

It is shame there is no phone support.

I am a senior citizen , do not understand technology well.

I thing all senior people should object and request company to provide phone support

NOCS
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's a shame period!  Not only for seniors.  It's not a matter of understanding technology.  When you work on computers all day you most certainly shouldn't have to for customer service!  Model number, setting up account, etc., I will be returning our floodlight camera.  No pertinent details included with purchase.  No number to call and needing a subscription during a trial period is unacceptable! 

NOCS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Utterly ridiculous to need a subscription during a trial period!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NOCS wrote:

needing a subscription during a trial period is unacceptable! 

The trial subscription is free, so I am confused on this comment.  Perhaps you meant "after a trial period"?  The need for a subscription is on the packaging, though some re-sellers could do a better job making that clear on their websites.

FWIW, I agree that there is too much friction when looking for support.

NOCS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Limitations during the trial period and so called free subscription as mentioned in previous thread.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NOCS wrote:

Limitations during the trial period and so called free subscription as mentioned in previous thread.

What limitations are you talking about?  If you are refering to my previous post, all the subscription options there are available to you during the trial.  

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation