Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I cannot get the light to stay on upon movement

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot get the light to stay on upon movement when I turn the light on on the app then it doesn't go off I can't get through the customer support worst product ever

26 REPLIES 26
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maraleeguz wrote:

I cannot get the light to stay on upon movement

Normally it will turn off when the recording stops.  How long is the camera set to record?

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you read the reply it will not come on at all

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maraleeguz wrote:

If you read the reply it will not come on at all

You said "I cannot get the light to stay on upon movementThat isn't same as not coming on at all.

Is the camera recording?  If so, how is the recording time set?

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maraleeguz wrote:

Not sure

Well,  the light goes off when the recording is finished, so you do need to figure that out.

Go into mode, and look the camera rule in the mode you are using.

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all of that I've created modes I've done all that I've had the unit for 3 years what I want is for Arlo the big company that they are to pick up the phone and give me a call that's what I want

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maraleeguz wrote:

I have tried all of that I've created modes I've done all that I've had the unit for 3 years what I want is for Arlo the big company that they are to pick up the phone and give me a call that's what I want

Do you have a subscription?  If you do, then you could use phone support.

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera part of the Arlo works and when I go into recordings it's there when I went into create a mode the only camera that comes up is the base station so I'm not sure what the issue is it's very frustrating and you shouldn't need a subscription for someone to contact you regarding an issue with a product that you bought I've bought a flood light and five cameras at a very costly price are you with the company

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maraleeguz wrote:

are you with the company

No.  This is a user-to-user forum, and I do not work for Arlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried creating a mode that didn't work I tried disconnecting the device and reconnecting the device and that doesn't work the only thing it does is Monitor movement the light does not come on at all

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you disconnected, did you remove it from the Smart Hub and re-onboard or did you just pull and reinsert the battery? 

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed it all together and it's weird because when it says click on mode and I do that and only brings me to the Smart Hub it does not bring me to the choice of just the flood light

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Selecting the mode tab will show all your onboarded devices in a list. Do you have a screenshot of what you are referencing?

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20221007-153143_Arlo Secure.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is because your cameras are paired to your Base Station. If you tap settings > My Devices > You will see the full list of devices there. 

I believe you had your floodlight camera paired in AP mode directly to your router previously, this is why it showed up with the mode control previously.

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I hit my devices flood light will show up but I can't create a mood I tried the mode to come on with motion and it doesn't work

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You have to create the rules under your Mode section within the base station by tapping the (Pencil Icon).

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did that how about you just give me a call

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20221008-081739_Arlo Secure.jpg

  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

With this mode setting, the floodlight should turn on when motion is detected, but will turn off when the recording stops.

Try going into the "detects motion" part of the rule, and either set a longer recording time, or choose to record until motion stops.

Maraleeguz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Maraleeguz 

A member from the support team has reached out to you via email or private message, did you happen to receive their response?

thanks 

Shakers67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Light will not come on on essential spotlight 

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation