Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jbergin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Greetings all! I have a set of Arlo Pros all working decently apart from battery performance which is now getting degraded.

However, the other day I bought the new floodlight-camera and got it running in my existing system with no issues at all. The performance is rather remarkable I have to say.

But - to the point, I had five cameras prior to this new one and it seems getting all six cameras is somewhat of a mystery. With the new camera, I got some kind if trial subscription. Not clear which one because it doesn’t say in my portal...

Question is, how DO I get six cameras running at the same time? I really don’t care about the subscription-plan since I am not looking for those features...I want the cameras to be looking and recording movement. No analyze needed as I have a brain of my own. Clearly, my own brain cannot dechiffre how to use Arlos various plans although I do get it that I am probably cornered here and will have to get some sort of subscription.

Anyone able to assist here...? Would highly appreiciate it. If not, I have an Arlo pro for sale 🙂

Regards

Johan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jbergin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello again, you are correct. It works fine. For reason unknown, the video from sixth camera did not show up on my iphone but sure enough on an ipad. A little strange.

Updated everything that can be updated and applied a little patience. Now everything works like I hoped for.

Thanks!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you have 5 Pro cameras, nothing is needed - you get the free 7 day plan for those. The floodlight will need a subscription for cloud recordings - when the trial runs out, you can just purchase a single camera subscription. You could also use local recording on your base so you wouldn't need that sub but you'd have to safely eject the drive for viewing on a computer. The newer bases/hubs starting with the VMB4540 can use the app to see the local recordings but the 4000 doesn't support that.

Jbergin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello again, you are correct. It works fine. For reason unknown, the video from sixth camera did not show up on my iphone but sure enough on an ipad. A little strange.

Updated everything that can be updated and applied a little patience. Now everything works like I hoped for.

Thanks!!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation