Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Frustrated007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cannot get the camera to scan the QR code. Super frustrating. I have tried everything I have read in other forums and nothing is working. Bout ready to return and go with different brand. Any out of the box suggestions? Thanks in advance.
17 REPLIES 17
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Are you adding the floodlight to a hub or to a wifi access point?

@Frustrated007 wrote:
I cannot get the camera to scan the QR code.

What happens when you try?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Frustrated007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, I have older Arlo cameras, so when I tried to connect to the hub it said my hub was too old. So then I tried to connect via WiFi. During set it up, the step I am stuck on is scanning the QR code then listen for beep. But the camera will not scan. I have changed the brightness on my phone, taken a pic and zoomed in, moved the camera back and forth, tilted the phone around. Super frustrating. Thinking of taking it back and going with another company. Thanks for any additional insight
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Frustrated007 wrote:
Well, I have older Arlo cameras, so when I tried to connect to the hub it said my hub was too old.

And that hub is? The model number?

When I set up my floodlight, I did it on a PC rather than a mobile device.

One thing to bear in mind is that it may help to force the mobile device to use 2.4 GHz wifi. The camera uses that. The device needs to be on the same network. Not knowing what your local wifi is like, this is just a guess on my part.

@Frustrated007 wrote:
Thinking of taking it back and going with another company.

Out of interest, does any other brand make a floodlight that will tie in with your existing Arlo cameras?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Take a look and follow the QR code troubleshooting steps listed here: My Arlo device won’t scan the QR code when I am connecting it to a router; what do I do?

JamesC

Frustrated007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dude I am so far past that list it’s not even funny
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Frustrated007,

Try factory resetting the floodlight. This can be done by pressing and holding the sync button for 15+ seconds until the amber LED flashes, then release. Try on-boarding again and let us know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

TSA
Aspirant
Aspirant
James, I am having the same problem. It stopped working so I removed the device. Tried setting Back up and Won’t it won’t scan QR. have tried the factory reset and it just has a blue light every 5 seconds or so and the QR won’t scan. My phone is connected to 2.4ghz. Sent a request for support 3 days again and no response. Any other ideas before I take back to Best Buy?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TSA,

When you say it stopped working, what behavior were you seeing? What prompted you to remove the device?

When attempting to factory reset press and hold the sync button for 15+ seconds, after the camera reboots, attempt onboarding again.

JamesC

TSA
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camera was offline. I though the battery may have needed to recharge so I removed it and charged it. After several attempts to get it to work, I removed the device and tried to setup as a new device. Now it is not scanning the QR code.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TSA,

I've escalated your open support ticket and requested a status update. An agent will be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Stevess31
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same problem. Customer Support got me to turn off VPN on my iPhone and the QR scanned immediately that had taken effect. All solved!
Kingsnow1831
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera said offline so I tried to reset it and reconnect it and now it won't scan the qr code. I've tried factory resetting, adjusting the brightness, turning off my VPN and it still won't connect. Should I just take it back and try a different brand??
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kingsnow1831,

Have you tried charging the camera? What is the LED behavior when you are going through the setup process?

JamesC

madona
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same problem. Camera was working fine than went offline. I too tried recharging the battery, but it still would not connect to the router. Removed the device to re-install and it won't scan the QR code. Please let me know if you have any success.

Thank you.

Stevess31
Aspirant
Aspirant
I eventually did a restart on the router and then the Arlo floodlight QR code could be read. Takes many attempts sometimes but after switching everything off for awhile and the restarting seems to work. Good luck!
Citywide
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera also randomly went offline and stopped working. I tried reconnecting it again and nothing works. I contacted customer service and opened a ticket and nobody can’t help me with my problem. Can someone please tell me what to do and how to make it work again.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Citywide,

What is the LED behavior on your camera? At what point are you seeing an issue? What error messages do you see?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation