Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
slackmountain
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo Pro 3 Floodlights (model: FB1001-100NAS) on firmware 1.070.19.3_26_39e29104.

I have it set to a schedule where it stays unarmed during the day (unless we leave the geofencing) and arms itself at night. It sits right outside our bedroom window and lately we've been seeing the floodlight turn on over and over and over, about every 45-60 seconds. Sometimes it'll stop for a few minutes and then start back up again. It doesn't seem to be on any specific time, but it keeps us up and we've had to disarm it lately just to go to sleep.

It doesn't seem to record anything as there's nothing in the library but I have it set to only do smart notifications on animals and people. If it does detect an animal at night it will record for those instances.

Is there anything we can do to stop this constant activation of the floodlight? I've turned the sensitivity all the way down to 1% (under Motion Detection Test settings) and it didn't seem to make any difference. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware release went out for the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight recently resolving several bugs and intermittent issues. Are you still experiencing this issue after your camera updated to the latest firmware?

See the release notes here: Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight FB1001 - 1.080.23.2_29_b9534ae - 28th April 2021

JamesC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

slackmountain,

Are you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode when the camera is armed? Is the camera connected directly to your home network or to a base station/smarthub?

JamesC

slackmountain
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m using the geofencing mode with a schedule set for default armed at night. And it is connected to the base station which is then connected via WiFi
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance the cameras are AC powered? There have been instances of many nighttime recordings (with the light on) if AC powered. Removing that power allows things to work normally. I don't know if that's still a problem or not.

slackmountain
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah it is actually connected via the magnetic charger. I’ll disconnect that for a few nights and see what happens.
martinm1
Guide
Guide

Same issue here. Just noticed it recently, not sure what changed. motion detection, video recording work fine, but instead of going off after 5 min as set the light stays on until I manually toggle it off.

called tech support: usual reset, remove and add it back---we shall see. It is connected by wifi with a strong signal.

One thing I noticed is it says no new firmware, but TS a new one was available and would install when it started up.

Mine shows: 1.070.19.3_26_39e29104

slackmountain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since I unplugged it and just let it run off battery, it has been coming on MUCH less. Seems like maybe once every 15-20 minutes instead of every 1-2 minutes. It could also be even less, but I know it hasn't been keeping us up anymore.

martinm1
Guide
Guide

Sadly, that is not how it is supposed to work. I have run on battery only since I bought it, just plugged in the solar panel and haven't noticed any difference. It should go off according to your settings up to 20 min--should not stay on for hours!

slackmountain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh yeah, mine is a different issue. Mine is coming on for about 5-10 sec at a time, but over and over again, and only now it seems to be when it's plugged in. I may plug it back in and see if the behavior starts back up.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware release went out for the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight recently resolving several bugs and intermittent issues. Are you still experiencing this issue after your camera updated to the latest firmware?

See the release notes here: Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight FB1001 - 1.080.23.2_29_b9534ae - 28th April 2021

JamesC

slackmountain
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't plugged it back in yet, but I'll do that today and report back. What's the firmware # just so I can ensure I'm running the newest?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
martinm1
Guide
Guide

camera updated to new firmware and no issues now.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great! Please let us know if anything changes.

JamesC

michaeljf69
Star
Star

I've updated to the latest firmware and it seems to have also solved my similar problem.

No more triggering constantly at night for light rain or small insects.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation