Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
We have floodlight connected with solar panel. First few months, the camera was charging to 100% no problem. Last few weeks, suddenly the batteries getting lower and lower. We haven’t changed any setting or anything.
I charged again to 100% and connected with solar panel again. The battery level was 100% until yesterday and today suddenly it says 48%.
I am not sure why
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That implies a connection issue or massive recording/live viewing usage. The solar panel will only trickle charge so anything that causes the camera to be more active will run the battery down. Make sure the panel is connected properly - the battery icon should have a lightning bolt through it. 

You may need to bring the camera closer to the hub or router if it's a connection problem. Have you checked for any other 2.4GHz wireless devices near the camera?

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
It has been the same setting and the hub is at the same place.
That’s why I found it weird. And last few days it says “100%” and suddenly dropped to 45% is weird too. Maybe I will reconnect to the hub and see if it does something.
tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
I have been contacting the customer service on their chat. They don’t give me any solutions and they just disconnected me.
I still have the same problem.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tomoko,

What does the signal strength icon show for the camera?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation