Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Boxermom14
Follower
Follower

I'm interested in the new Arlo Pro 3 with the floodlight however I'm trying to find the options to set up the flood light.  Is there a place to look at the possible settings?  A manual?  Screen shots? 

Also, what about timing from detection to app alert?  I currently have several Nest cameras and there is way too much lag between detection and alert.  Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked the product info here (arlo.com)? Most, if not all, of your questions may already be answered. 

As for lag, there's typically a 2-3 second lag between detection and recording due to the cloud-based nature of the beast. Postioning the camera properly (there's an FAQ here on this) as well as changing the motion sensitivity in the camera's modes and rules makes a lot of difference. It can be trial and error to hit the sweet spot but shouldn't take too long as long as you understand the concepts and potential limitations.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Boxermom14,

You can find the Arlo Pro 3 floodlight FAQ here: Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera FAQ

You can find additional information and support articles here: Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Feature Articles

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation