Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Floodlight duration

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
BarkingOwl
Tutor
Tutor

OK, I have searched through the community with varying responses. I have tried several things without success.

How can I get the floodlight to stay on for longer than 10 seconds when motion is detected (without setting a very long recording time)?

I have set a custom mode to define the armed times and set recording until activity stops.

In the custom mode, if you un-check "Record Video" the option to edit "Turn Floodlight on" becomes available where you can set "How long do you want the floodlight on?" for up to 120s.

BUT - this seems to revert back to 10s when you re tick record video. So is my option to either record video or have the floodlight on for a longer time????

I want the video to record while motion is active, but for the floodlight to stay on for longer - and would prefer an option of greater than 120s.

This is very frustrating and defeats the purpose of what ARLO are advertising these lights to be - a security light???

And I will be connecting to permanent power so battery life is not an issue.

Please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If I understand you correctly, I think you're trying to set the floodlight duration first and then the recording length. They're mutually exclusive - you can do one but not the other. If recording, the floodlight stays on for the whole time of the recording unless ambient light were to brighten enough to cause the camera to go into the daytime recording mode. 

Have you tried a timed recording to see if the floodlight stays on the whole time? Have you removed and resynced the camera?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If I understand you correctly, I think you're trying to set the floodlight duration first and then the recording length. They're mutually exclusive - you can do one but not the other. If recording, the floodlight stays on for the whole time of the recording unless ambient light were to brighten enough to cause the camera to go into the daytime recording mode. 

Have you tried a timed recording to see if the floodlight stays on the whole time? Have you removed and resynced the camera?

BarkingOwl
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you. I think you have answered my question noting they are mutually exclusive. I was hoping to keep the light on past the recording time - i.e. if the motion was only for 10 seconds the light still remained on for 2 minutes (or longer). A bit frustrated this option is not available.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BarkingOwl wrote:

I was hoping to keep the light on past the recording time

FWIW, I agree it would be a nice feature.

A workaround is to extend the recording time at night with a schedule.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation