Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Mayhill
Follower
Follower

Hi

New camera - got it working but it then seemed to lose ability to connect so I have deleted it from the web service and tried re-sync ing it - but I cant get it to go into sync mode (blue light flashing)

Just get slow blue light every few seconds.

Tried the sync button to factory reset but no go - battery out and back in 

Any advise please?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mayhill,

Is there any error message when attempting to sync? Try charging the battery and then attempt the sync process again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Frustrated66666
Tutor
Tutor

I have exactly the same issue.  Need help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We need all details to be able to help.

Frustrated66666
Tutor
Tutor

I am having trouble connecting an Arlo Floodlight to a new network.  I would like to be able to put the floodlight back into factory reset state and try from beginning.   How do you do this?

144edward
Initiate
Initiate
I have exactly the same problem too. Dropped off, so I removed and tried to factory reset and it doesn’t reset
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Frustrated66666,

You can change the network your floodlight is connected to from the mobile app. Log in and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your floodlight > Connected to > Change Network.

JamesC

Frustrated66666
Tutor
Tutor

The device is not connected yet.  And I cannot sync it to add.  Hence, my request to put it into factory reset, because it appears confused.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

To factory reset, press and hold the sync button until the LED flashes amber and the camera reboots.

JamesC

Christie77
Initiate
Initiate
Did you ever get a response or figure it out? I’m having the same problem and it won’t reset at all 😕
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Christie77,

Are you able to provide more details about what you are experiencing? LED behaviors, error messages etc.

JamesC

SamSC
Initiate
Initiate
Similar problem with an Arlo pro3. Took it over to charge it and it dropped network. Battery out left it out for some time. Back in. Still not on network. Tried plugging it back in. Tried factory reset. Never get amber light. It's like the button isn't even being pressed. Occasional blue light flash. Suppose the sync button use broken? This is the camera that lives inside on a shelf. No elements, no extremes, just a comfy life. Any advice on fixing the camera appreciated.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SamSC wrote:
Similar problem with an Arlo pro3. Took it over to charge it and it dropped network. Battery out left it out for some time. Back in. Still not on network. Tried plugging it back in. Tried factory reset. Never get amber light. It's like the button isn't even being pressed. Occasional blue light flash. Suppose the sync button use broken? This is the camera that lives inside on a shelf. No elements, no extremes, just a comfy life. Any advice on fixing the camera appreciated.

It might be that the battery doesn't have enough charge.  If you have another camera, you might try swapping the battery and see if that changes anything.

Note that if the battery is totally dead, getting it to charge can take some finagling.  You might need to try removing the battery, adding it back, and then connect it to the charger several times in order to get it to start charging normally.  

SamSC
Initiate
Initiate
Let the device sit in the charger for 2 hrs. Took the battery out for ~2 hrs. Battery back in and it started responding correctly.
Diego1234
Initiate
Initiate

Are you still having trouble or is it working now?. I have same issue. 😞

habyfamily
Initiate
Initiate
Same here for a long time. Keep plugged in to charger. Swapped the unresponsive / unfactory_resettable camera’s battery with that of a 2nd camera on the network that is working. The second camera worked great immediately (ie wasn’t a battery issue at all) and the “dead” camera still won’t factory reset with the ‘new’ battery.

I thought these things were supposed to be simple!!! Help anyone?!?
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation