Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Crooksie
Guide
Guide

Hello,

For some reason my Floodlight 3 has stopped working. Currently all it does is flash blue every second and the app shows the camera is offline. Every so often it will flash orange once and then click like it is taking a picture and go back to flashing blue.

I have removed the battery and reinstalled with no joy. I have also held in the sync button for 15 seconds, it flashes orange and then clicks and goes back to blue again.

The Camera did come back for around 2-3 seconds and in that time I saw the battery is at 94% so it's not out of charge.

I have removed the device and tried to reconnect to both my Hub and the Wifi but nothing, doesn't even connect now, just a FYI when connecting via WiFi I scanned the QR code and it chimed but the Arlo app could not locate it.

I also tried doing this with a charger connected but apparently the charger I got with it is not compatible which is very strange.

After an hour I did manage to get it to connect to the Wifi for a few seconds and then the app searched for an update in which case it then said the camera was offline again. I stood about 2m from the router and Hub so that is very weird.

The other 6 cameras are all connected to the Hub and work fine

Unfortunately I do not have another battery to test as the ones for the Arlo Ultra's are too small so I am at a loss to what the issue is, It was working last night at 4:52pm but since then there has been nothing.

This should still be under warranty so I am think the device has failed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Crooksie
Guide
Guide

Managed to speak to someone so all under control 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Crooksie
Guide
Guide
Just an update, I left the camera flashing and after about 5 minutes it turned off.
I removed the battery and plugged back in, the camera clicked and turned off. That's all it does now, no flashing just a click then nothing. I'm wondering if the battery is at fault?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It rather sounds faulty to me. If you have a subscription, use Settings, Support to start the RMA process if the camera is still in warranty. Even if it's out of warranty, they may have some support to offer you. If you don't have a sub, temporarily subscribe to a single camera sub for that camera and cancel it when satisfied.

Crooksie
Guide
Guide

Hello,

I have tried everything to log a fault on the Arlo website but nothing works. The chat is completely useless, I enter in faulty camera or how to log a fault or RMA and it just keeps saying testing 123 whatever that means... am I mean to speak in Swahili? lol

I do have a subscription so I click on settings and then support and that takes me to a support webpage  and in that is only call, chat (which gives you the testing 123 AI) and then ask the community.

I guess ill try and call tomorrow as that is the only option I have.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Crooksie
Guide
Guide

Managed to speak to someone so all under control 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation