Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Monstructs
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first installed my Arlo Pro 3 floodlight I would get about a month on one charge. After about a year, quickly dropped to about 2 days max. I thought it was the battery, so I bought two aftermarket batteries that one each lasted about a day. I returned them and bought another arlo OEM XL battery and that too only lasts a day. 

I attempted a reset and reconnection to my account without any improvements. I connect directly to Wi-Fi, though there has been no change in the connection strength at the location since first install until now.

Any thoughts or ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Monstructs wrote:

When I first installed my Arlo Pro 3 floodlight 

Is this the floodlight (the model with a large LED with a camera in the center)?  Or is this the normal Pro 3 that just has a spotlight?  I'm guessing the floodlight, since you mention the XL battery.

Causes of excessive battery drain include:

• excessive video streaming/recording (perhaps masked by activity zones)
  • frequent disruptions in the wifi connection.
  • floodlight used too much.

There has been some posters reporting rapid drain when their floodlight was connected to an Arlo solar panel.  So if you have a panel or an outdoor charger connected, then try disconnecting it.

You could also confirm wifi speed/reliability at the camera location using your phone.  I recommend using the Ookla speedtest app for this.  Disable mobile data during the check, just to make sure the phone is using wifi for the test.

Are you charging the battery using the microUSB connector inside the housing?  Or do you have a stand-alone charger?

Monstructs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I charge using the microusb. The Wifi signal at the camera is strong and it likely hasn’t changed since the pro 3 floodlight was first installed. As I mentioned, when first installed it would last a month. And then it dropped to 2 days max — both with the original battery and the new arlo OEM battery i purchased. Is there a way to roll back a possible firmware?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Monstructs wrote:

Is there a way to roll back a possible firmware?

No. 

What firmware are you running? Mine is running 1.080.28.0_12_590aec8

Monstructs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is using the same firmware: 1.080.28.0_12_590aec8

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Monstructs wrote:

Mine is using the same firmware: 1.080.28.0_12_590aec8

FWIW, I am not seeing the battery drain you are reporting.  My camera is just running on battery (no solar, no outdoor charger).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation