Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Excessive Floodlight Audio notifications

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
nsomnya
Follower
Follower

My floodlight is spamming me with sound alerts.

I have deactivated the audio, both mic and speaker, restarted the camera, completely disconnected the camera from my wifi, and removed the battery from the camera and restarted it yet this problem persists. I have tried to disarm and rearm the camera after toggling the audio switch. Nothing has stopped the alerts. We are talking hundreds of alerts a day. When the audio on the camera is off, I still receive alerts that have recorded with no sound. I see nothing on the video that is recorded when the camera gives off these alerts. So it is not like a car, person or animal is triggering it. They appear to be phantom alerts. The floodlight is flashing off and on like a strobe light at night due to these alerts. I have no idea what to do or how to stop the camera from doing this. It started doing this about a week or so ago.

My system is small and consists of only the floodlight and an Arlo doorbell and chime. The doorbell and chime appear to be working fine other than some lag with my doorbell. We do not have a hub and use the app or a computer to make changes.  

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
If you go to the mode page and choose the armed mode you can edit the camera rule for the problem camera and disable the audio trigger. This might help to work around the issue. If you have the camera audio enabled from the camera settings and live view do you hear any sound? If could be wind triggering it or is it static which could be a faulty camera.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation