Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kjac
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can not connect, does not appear on my blue tooth, not picking it up
6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You won't see any of the cameras on Bluetooth.

Please explain 

1. what camera(s) and base station(s) you have
  2. whether this is an initial install or not?
  3. more details on what you are trying to do, and where things are getting stuck.
Kjac
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trying to install but can not pick it up on my blue tooth in my phone, not very tech minded so need help!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kjac wrote:
Trying to install but can not pick it up on my blue tooth in my phone, not very tech minded so need help!

I suggest contacting support using the link at the top of the forum page.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

OP, you didn't answer most of the questions in post #2. Without details we can't help. 

First, the cameras do NOT connect to Bluetooth - they connect via WiFi, either to your home WiFi or to a base or hub. I will guess you don't have the latter so the camera needs to connect to your WiFi. Use the app, select Add New Device, Lights, Pro 3 Floodlight Camera and follow the directions.

Benedict625
Aspirant
Aspirant

Make sure Airplane mode is turned off. Turn Bluetooth on and off: Select Start , then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices . Turn off Bluetooth, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Benedict625 wrote:

Make sure Airplane mode is turned off. Turn Bluetooth on and off: Select Start , then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices . Turn off Bluetooth, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.

The confusing thing here is that Bluetooth isn't relevant.  The cameras just don't use it.

@Kjac needs to focus on the actual problem - is it onboarding the camera, or something else?  If it is onboarding, then what step in the process is failing?  

We also need to know the specific equipment.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation