Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Battery level indicator in app does not update

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a brand new Arlo Pro 3 Flood light that I am setting up and I have noticed that the battery level that shows in the app is only accurate when the battery is not actually charging.

I put it on to charge (via direct USB cable, not magnetic) at 94% about half an hour ago and the app has not shown an update to this in that time. As soon as I unplugged the USB cable, the battery level indicator percentage jumped to 99%.

This happened a few times yesterday, too, while I was charging it.

Once the battery is fully charged, I will be setting it up outside with a solar charger. If the battery level indicator doesn’t change in-app, I won’t have any way to tell if the solar panel is doing a good enough job.

Any hints?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Travellingdeon,

If you log out of the mobile app and log back in, do you see any difference in behavior? Does the same thing happen when viewing from the webclient? Are you using iOS or Android?

JamesC

Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have tried all of the basic troubleshooting (restarting iPhone, restarting app, restarting floodlight).
I haven’t tried checking with the web client, though.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation