Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery level indicator in app does not update

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Travellingdeon
Tutor
Tutor

I have a brand new Arlo Pro 3 Flood light that I am setting up and I have noticed that the battery level that shows in the app is only accurate when the battery is not actually charging.

I put it on to charge (via direct USB cable, not magnetic) at 94% about half an hour ago and the app has not shown an update to this in that time. As soon as I unplugged the USB cable, the battery level indicator percentage jumped to 99%.

This happened a few times yesterday, too, while I was charging it.

Once the battery is fully charged, I will be setting it up outside with a solar charger. If the battery level indicator doesn’t change in-app, I won’t have any way to tell if the solar panel is doing a good enough job.

Any hints?

33 REPLIES 33
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent cloud update included a fix for this issue. Please let me know if you continue needing to restart your device from device settings for the battery % to update moving forward.

Thank you,

JamesC

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Yes James as of just now I still have to restart my device
Laturi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also same issue. First thought, that is broken and doesn’t charge at all. But after restart, a new battery level is shown.

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Laturi- I have had this problem since I bought it almost a year ago and have mentioned this many many times to the so called Arlo Team and I still have to RESTART my device to get the accurate battery level charge- I GIVE UP WITH TRYING TO GET ARLO TO FIX ANYTHING - it’s like talking to a brick wall—
dcfox1
Master
Master

@kr67mustang  Are you seeing the wrong charge in the app or portal? I saw it today on 1 out of 4 cameras that was off by only 2% in the app. Nothing major. It did match up restarting the cam in Devices. 

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Hey DC- all I use is the app on iPhone and NOT ANY PORTAL -I don’t know why it is so difficult to understand that I have a solar panel and the ONLY WAY for me to get a current accurate battery charge percentage is to go to the device settings and RESTART MY DEVICE and only then do I get a ACCURATE UPDATED CORRECT BATTERY CHARGE PERCENTAGE READING- it can be off as much as 30% and I assume more if I don’t RESTART MY DEVICE- I have tried many times to explain this to what I want to believe are some very smart people here reading this and I really don’t know how to explain this any better
Travellingdeon
Tutor
Tutor
Just checking in as the OP here - my Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight updates fine in the app while connected to solar panel.

I’m not sure if the other people posting here have the same device, but mine works fine on solar.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kr67mustang wrote:
Hey DC- all I use is the app on iPhone and NOT ANY PORTAL

It's easy enough to compare the battery reading on both https://my.arlo.com in a PC and with the app.  That would give you some idea on whether the app is misbehaving or whether it is the device.  You could also try restarting the iPhone and see if that results in an updated charge.

FWIW, I have noticed that if you leave the app on the device settings screen that shows the charge, that it won't update the charge.  Going back to the device list and then selecting the device settings again will show the current charge.  This is on an iPhone 12 mini (also running iOS 14.6)

Mohssen
Tutor
Tutor

The latest firmware keeps the  battery's indicator illuminating (changing) even during the night showing 100%. The 2 cameras are connected to solar power and iPhone, iPad, Android showing charging continuously even at night
//Mohssen

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation