Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Mattjbrett
Guide
Guide

I am receiving double notifications from my camera.

I have the latest app 2.23 on iPhone

I have the latest firmware on camera

I have restarted the camera

I have rebooted my phone

I have removed app and reinstalled

It maybe because I have recently updated to iOS 14.4, but the issue is still persisting.

I am getting this on both my my iPhone and iPad?

Is this a common issue or just locally to my phone and iPad?

this only started 05/02/2021 since I updated my iOS device firmware software

135 REPLIES 135
Adplaya
Aspirant
Aspirant
For me something changed. I was kicked out and had to completely log in no Face ID, which was weird because I just had the app open. Now I’m getting only a single notification. I will keep updating if it happens again.
dcfox1
Master
Master

I noticed today the double notifications stopped. It was before I updated  to 3.2 just released. 

Not that it really bothered me as the second chime stopped a while ago. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed from the app store (as of today that is version 3.2). If you are still experiencing this issue after updating your mobile app to the latest version, please let us know the details so we can investigate further.

JamesC

makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

I am still getting the second silent notification.  I updated to 3.2 a couple days back.

CandiLM
Guide
Guide
Still getting the double notifications here even after I updated to 3.2 version ... Arlo tech people, maybe you need to pursue a different field of study and Arlo, you owe all your subscribers a refund for all the months where your product has not operated as intended. What a poor product and exceptionally poor service and tech support!
romia
Tutor
Tutor
I notice a change in notification 2,3 days ago where now it's showing a little motion preview when you expand your notification.
But for the 1st day it was unstable, sometimes it shows little preview and sometimes it went back to green square. The double notification sort of stop say 80% of time.
On the 2nd day, I notice its more stable and 90% showing that little preview on the notification. And double notification stopped.
However, I notice if you look at your notification fast enough you will still see the green square showing where the motion is and if you wait for a bit then it will turn into little motion preview. The main thing is no double notification sound.
At that point I know arlo are doing something in the background.
Good job arlo even though it takes a while but it looks good now.

I have Pixel running Android 10 and Arlo running 3.2_28350.
dcfox1
Master
Master

The Motion Previews per Arlo are being rolled out in "waves" with the latest update. I haven't seen it yet though with 3,2. 

How to use animated previews? - Arlo Community

chrbro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the latest Arlo app.  I am still getting as many a five notifications at a time.  I have the latest firmware as well.  Is there anything else I can do?

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Chrbro- you ask what else you can do? I say find another product- good luck
kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've ended up buying CVR plan and now only getting one notification.

Actually, too many notification and there isn't any "Active Zone" option available for CRV plan. I've reduced motion detection to 1% but it didn't make much difference. Arlo told me to remove local storage as all camera's record to local storage as well.

If I remove local storage, I didn't find any option in CVR plan (without Active Zone) to receive notification in case if someone will try to enter my property. What a waste of money Arlo, can't recommend to any one.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Automatic updates have been rolled out for this issue, those users who were experiencing multiple push notifications for the same motion detection event should no longer see this issue.

Please open a new discussion here on the community detailing what you are experiencing if you're still seeing this behavior.

JamesC

Discussion stats