Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Mattjbrett
Guide
Guide

I am receiving double notifications from my camera.

I have the latest app 2.23 on iPhone

I have the latest firmware on camera

I have restarted the camera

I have rebooted my phone

I have removed app and reinstalled

It maybe because I have recently updated to iOS 14.4, but the issue is still persisting.

I am getting this on both my my iPhone and iPad?

Is this a common issue or just locally to my phone and iPad?

this only started 05/02/2021 since I updated my iOS device firmware software

135 REPLIES 135
rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice
I didn't get a single notification today. Now what?! Good grief. Only had one recording today as well. All cameras are on and settings correct.
RamRiosJr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still waiting on that update... and STILL getting bombarded with double notifications. PLEASE just do something about it already!
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
RamRiosJr- Your funny. This and so many other problems and issues about Arlo Products have been brought to Arlo’s attention and nothing is ever done- just look at this Arlo Community Board and many many other places on the web you will see the frustration with Arlo Cameras by paying customers- sort of seems like they have your money already and they can’t keep up with all of the complaints- Just a Thought!!!
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Let me guess- still no reply or answer from Arlo concerning this and one of many Arlo camera problems? 😡
Heyroger
Tutor
Tutor

I am no longer getting notifications on my Apple Watch - which is where I originally noticed the double notification the most since it would vibrate and beep audibly.

Not sure what's going on there?

kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had no choice other than buying CVR from Arlo and it's really worked. I am receiving notification with only one beep.

But there were lots of notification (no Activity Zone option) so I had to choose 1% motion detection to minimise these notifications.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Thats interesting because I'm now getting triple notifications on my apple watch, but only on my arlo smart camera.

* I have updated to the latest IOS (14.4.2) and latest WatchOS (7.3.3)

* I have rebooted my phone, watch and my arlo base station.

* I have rebooted the camera itself (physically pulled battery)

* Firmware on Arlo base : 1.16.5.6_3792_3913242  Base Hardware: VMB4000r3

* Firmware on Arlo Pro 3 Camera (only one affected) : 1.060.11.1_7_f03cf44   Hardware Version: H9

It only seems to occur on the SMART notification camera, the others I don't have a SMART subscription for because its simply not needed.  Those cameras do not send double/triple notifications on my phone, or my watch.

@JamesC Hope this information is useful.

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Us customers deserves answers on how to correct the many many problems we’re having with this Arlo Pro 3 camera/floodlight. Arlo is quit aware of these issues and seem to do nothing about it. I just don’t get it. Customers buy Arlo Products expecting them to work properly and as advertised- SHAME ON ARLO—
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Any luck on getting this fixed yet
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate these reports and is working on a solution. I will provide an update once I have more information to share.

JamesC

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Thank you James for replying and telling customers that Arlo’s “Development Team” is aware of problems and working on a solutions. I am sure everyone is looking forward to being able to use this Product as intended
makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

Maybe have them also work on why when there are shadows and sun involved my camera's alert to thinking there are people in its view.  Only happens in Spring and Summer months and it is starting here already.

Greg4433
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recently upgraded to latest iOS software and now I’m not receiving any badge notifications at all until I actually open the app, then I see them. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, no difference. Turn off notifications then turned back on, same thing. Annoying as heck!!
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
I hear everyone’s frustration and displeasure with there Arlo Camera- I just wish there was something I personally can do to answer and fix these Arlo Technical Problems- many Arlo customers are waiting for Arlo to solve many of the same issues
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC can you provide some more information about the internal investigation?  Has the dev team even been able to reproduce this?  And, if so, do they have an ETA on a fix?

This problem has been going on for over 2 months, now.

- Mark

Gregb12
Aspirant
Aspirant
JasonDimF
Star
Star

Been listening to this for 6 months now and our problems are not resolved yet! THis is crazy guys!!! You send away your consumers!!! Aghhhhhh!!!

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Why does this surprise you- Look at all the issues Arlo has with there products- but I will continue to wait with the others for a solution- we can send someone to the moon but Arlo can’t stop double notifications 😆
Adplaya
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wondering if going with Ring was the better choice. This is a dumpster fire.
fenton11
Guide
Guide
I saw Costco is going to sell a 4 camera outdoor ring system for $250 and they include a 5th indoor camera starting We’d.
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

Do Not Buy Arlo- Horrible products with very little fixes

CandiLM
Guide
Guide

Since Arlo has been unable to resolve the issue, each Arlo Smart customer should be getting a refund for the days/months that the issue continues, as Arlo is not able to provide the service they agreed to when each Arlo Smart subscriber signed up. And, if they're not willing to do that, canceling the subscription and going to Ring would be another suggestion. My brother just asked me about these cameras, as he wants to install some .. I recommended he NOT get Arlo and go towards Ring instead, as Arlo's Technical Support and Customer Support has issues and they can't even resolve a double notification for alert issue ... so, Arlo is losing business anyway and at this rate, they will go out of business if they do not do something to keep their current customers. Solve the issue already and give customers a refund for the service you have not been able to provide for the last 2 months and until the issue is resolved.

JasonDimF
Star
Star

Same here. I recommended ARLO products until recently. Many friends purchased a number of cameras because I did that. 

Yesterday, a friend asked me again and I told them NOT TO PURCHASE cause of the tech support and trouble with the notifications. I recommended Nest

JasonDimF
Star
Star

Quick follow up for those interested. By now we see that this is common practice for the Company. As consumers we have rights and I will pursue further action.  

1) I contacted their Customer Care team and REFUSED to provide a contact address where I can send a Complaint Letter. they said and I quote "My supervisor asked me NOT to share an address with you". This is EXTREMELY illegal (other than bad practice.
2) I will finish my complaint letter. If needed I will attached the NUMEROUS "open case" and "Support tickets" I have from Arlo about the same issue.
2) I contacted Citizen's Advice Bureau they will get back to me within the day

I am based in London so I need to address this to Arlo UK Ltd.  Company information is here: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11147416 

JasonDimF
Star
Star

Quick follow up for those interested. By now we see that this is common practice for the Company. As consumers we have rights and I will pursue further action.  

1) I contacted their Customer Care team and REFUSED to provide a contact address where I can send a Complaint Letter. they said and I quote "My supervisor asked me NOT to share an address with you". This is EXTREMELY illegal (other than bad practice.
2) I will finish my complaint letter. If needed I will attached the NUMEROUS "open case" and "Support tickets" I have from Arlo about the same issue.
2) I contacted Citizen's Advice Bureau they will get back to me within the day

I am based in London so I need to address this to Arlo UK Ltd.  Company information is here: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11147416 

Discussion stats