Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure Plus Subscription Unable to Record

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
KD10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since upgrading to the Arlo Secure Plus subscription I'm unable to record on my floodlight camera, and doorbell. The 'Record Video' option is greyed out when I try to edit the rules in the modes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud side fix was release that should resolve this issue. Please try again and let me know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KD10 wrote:

Since upgrading to the Arlo Secure Plus subscription I'm unable to record on my floodlight camera, and doorbell. The 'Record Video' option is greyed out when I try to edit the rules in the modes

Did you double check that the floodlight and the doorbell are both listed in the subscription plan?

KD10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Stephen - thanks for your response. The subscription is showing “3 of 3 camera(s) participating”…presumably that’s what you mean when asking if the cameras are listed in the subscription plan?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KD10 wrote:
The subscription is showing “3 of 3 camera(s) participating”…presumably that’s what you mean when asking if the cameras are listed in the subscription plan?

Yes.  FWIW, you can also select "manage cameras", and it will give you a list of the cameras in each subscription (and list cameras w/o a subscription under "no plan").

You should be able to create a custom mode with recording then.  Have you tried both using the phone and a PC browser?

KD10
Aspirant
Aspirant

No luck with custom mode or any other mode, on either phone or PC browser 👎

KD10
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted support to be told that this is a part of a major incident that is affecting many Secure Plus subscriptions. So for now there is nothing that can be done. Engineers are working on the issue 🤷‍

Having never dealt with support before now, I'm keen to understand from other whether this a "general" response that people tend to get?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud side fix was release that should resolve this issue. Please try again and let me know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation