Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JurgenRou
Tutor
Tutor

Why is this happening.

I have an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera.  The secure plan was useless (i rarely got notifications or recordings saved even though there was activity directly in front of the camera - i contacted Arlo but they just said it was my wi-fi which is working perfectly by the way).

So i cancelled my secure plan as it did not work properly and then the camera started working perfectly - constant notifications etc with all activity being picked up but with nothing being recorded as no smart plan.

So i then sign up to a secure plan again as the camera was working and guess what - the minute i sign up to the secure plan i stop getting notifications, it's not picking up any activity and it's not making any recordings.  I've set the camera to 100% sensitivity, there are no filters etc, everything is set up as it should be and it's not working.

I'm getting really frustrated and Arlo are not interested.  I just want it to work.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Strange.

What upload speed is your internet service?  

JurgenRou
Tutor
Tutor

It's 5 Mgbs upload

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JurgenRou wrote:

It's 5 Mbps upload

Which is enough.

Have you checked the armed mode for the camera, and made sure that recording is enabled in the rule for the camera?  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

If you livestream the camera, can you make a manual recording?  (Note this test requires disabling 2K streaming if you have that enabled).

JurgenRou
Tutor
Tutor

Yes manual record works fine and the armed mode is set up correctly.

I think the issue is with the secure plan but now I'm stuck with this camera that doesn't work - would just like to try and get it resolved.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JurgenRou wrote:

Yes manual record works fine and the armed mode is set up correctly.

I think the issue is with the secure plan ...

If manual recording is working, then the issue isn't likely to be the secure plan.  That feature requires the secure plan.

Have you tried the motion detection test for the camera?  It's outlined in the first part of this article: https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

Perhaps see if @JamesC can escalate this for you with support (maybe sending him more details in a private message). PMs are sent using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JurgenRou,

I will review your support ticket and request a status update.

JamesC

JurgenRou
Tutor
Tutor

Can I send you my camera's serial number etc - this thing is just not working as it should.  It hasn't recorded any activity since the 26th March - I can stand in front of it and wave and nothing happens.  I want it replaced or a refund.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JurgenRou,

I've ecalated your support ticket. An agent will reach out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation