Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Floodlight not staying on for set duration in settings

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wichie13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello I have set the flood light duration to 300 seconds but it seems to go off pretty quick. (less than 1 min)

I do not have it hardwired to power but I do have the solar panel that has not been installed yet. Will it follow the duration when it has the solar panel connected or does it need direct power for this?

Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The solar panel is just a trickle charger and won't supply current like AC power does (especially at night). 

The "record until motion stops" feature requires that the camera be able to detect that motion. If the motion stops or moves out of the detectable range the recording stops and will start again if motion can again be detected. You can test for the range in your environment by walking back and forth in front of the camera, slowly increasing the distance to the camera. 

I suggest using a timed recording instead if the current config doesn't get you what you want. It can only be set to 120 seconds but that may be enough.

wichie13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why is there a setting under light settings and then duration? Does it require the outdoor power cable for this setting? Or is this a setting that does nothing?
5EE48B64-37A1-4A6D-B10C-41A8E4789B74.png
wichie13
Aspirant
Aspirant
I figured it out. So that is the duration when you manually turn the light on in the app. Guess that makes sense if you forget to turn it off could kill the battery fast. Still wish there was a way to simply extend the light past the motion time with a few options similar to duration. Arlo dev team can you put this in a update? :).
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wichie13,

I will pass your feedback along to the development team for consideration.

Thanks,

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation