Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TRX7
Guide
Guide

Just added a Pro 3 floodlight. It detects motion, light will turn on , etc....   It will not record to local usb drive. All other cameras record with no issue. I have rebooted the the base but it still will not record.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TRX7
Guide
Guide

Discovered that Arlo flood light requires a subscription to record to cloud. Disappointed to discover that an expensive camera requires you to have a subscription, when a lower tier Arlo camera does not. SAD!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TRX7 wrote:

Just added a Pro 3 floodlight. It detects motion, light will turn on , etc....   It will not record to local usb drive. All other cameras record with no issue. I have rebooted the the base but it still will not record.

Is the Pro 3 Floodlight paired with the base?  Or did you connect it to your home wifi?

Is it making cloud recordings?

TRX7
Guide
Guide

Hi. It is connected to the hub. It is not making cloud recordings or local recordings(USB).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TRX7 wrote:

Hi. It is connected to the hub. It is not making cloud recordings or local recordings(USB).

First see if you can make a manual recording.

If you can, then check the mode you are using and make sure that there is a rule for the floodlight that has recording enabled. https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

TRX7
Guide
Guide

Tried that already. It doesn't even give the option to record when going into live mode.  All the other cameras can record manually. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TRX7 wrote:

Tried that already. It doesn't even give the option to record when going into live mode.  All the other cameras can record manually. 

You've confirmed that the camera has the trial subscription active?

TRX7
Guide
Guide

How do I do that? I don't see anything concerning a subscription in the camera settings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TRX7 wrote:

How do I do that? I don't see anything concerning a subscription in the camera settings.

If you log into the web ui (my.arlo.com) you'll see "subscription" in the menu on the right.  You should see the trial plan listed and the floodlight camera shown as participating in the plan.

This is also in the app, but I don't recall where at the moment.

TRX7
Guide
Guide

The app doesn't show it having a subscription. I also noticed that smart notifications do not show it as an active camera. I am going to deactivate it and reinstall. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

TRX7
Guide
Guide

Discovered that Arlo flood light requires a subscription to record to cloud. Disappointed to discover that an expensive camera requires you to have a subscription, when a lower tier Arlo camera does not. SAD!

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation