Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

* Surprise, Surprise- Once again I am having a problem with Arlo Pro 3 floodlight FB1001 with solar panel-

It is now showing me a RED Battery Charging icon and always showing 100% fully charged when I know for a fact that it is not 100% fully charged-

** I am truly surprised that Arlo Technologies is still in business with such faulty products. And when someone buys a "Security Camera System" one expects it to work properly for for the safety of ones. family-

*** I just don't understand how one product can have so many issues time and time again-

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kr67mustang,

A red charging icon with a solar panel attached when the battery is already at 100% is expected behavior. What are you experiencing that is making you believe the battery is not at 100% if that is what is indicated within the app?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC  FWIW, I have an Ultra with a solar panel that has a battery at 77%. The red 100% icon is now showing even with no charging going on.

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
And this surprises you- Arlo never thinks there is a problem-
DPrez
Guide
Guide
The charging icons are totally inaccurate when using the solar panel. I’ve given up trying to fix mine. The problem is with the update they sent about a week and a half ago. They just need to fix it.
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Hey DPrez- I have been dealing with this Arlo Product since I’ve purchased it and have never seen so many firmware updates and problems with one product- Considering this is a Security Camera/Alarm System to keep people feeling safe -
I hope you have better luck in solving your problems than I did
DPrez
Guide
Guide
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

James- With all due respect- I know for a fact that my battery is showing 100% full and I also know for a fact that is it not- Nothing but SUNSHINE and 75 degrees out-

Enough already-

Why can't Arlo customers get a straight answer to what is going on?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@kr67mustang wrote:

I know for a fact that my battery is showing 100% full and I also know for a fact that is it not- Nothing but SUNSHINE and 75 degrees out-

What percentage is the battery since you said it is not 100%  full. 

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
No way of knowing for sure but when I remove camera and plug battery in to charge it takes about 2 hrs before it is fully charged - besides this battery has never held a charge in the past and it is recording much more no then before. Seeing the battery never go below 100% is not possible with a Arlo battery
panicmotion
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having this exact same issue.  At first when I got my solar panel, it just always showed red, and my battery drained...fast....like in a week and a half.  Someone recommended I fully charge the battery, factory reset the camera, and re-add it.  I did that, then it looked like it was charging and my battery was at 100%.  But then it always looked like it was charging at 100%, even at night.  After disconnecting the magnetic solar connection, the battery was down to 0%.  Again, it drained in about a week and a half.

My camera is in a fairly busy area...I get up to 100 recordings a day.  I didn't think it'd drain in a week though.  

On top of that, replacement batteries for the floodlight 3 are impossible to find.

mrogers0430
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ever since the update a couple of months ago, my Floodlight/camera, with a solar panel, either shows it is always charging, even in the middle of the night, or it shows it is never charging, even when there is direct sunlight on the solar panel. It also shows the battery at 100% all of the time, until it finally dies, or I catch it. Last week, I noticed the camera would record but the floodlight would not come on. I swapped batteries and when I put it on the charging unit I bought, it showed the battery at 1 %, while in the app is said it was 100%. This needs to be fixed - it wasn't an issue in the Arlo Pro ca camera and solar panel setup, but the last firmware update broke it on the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera, and it still hasn't been fixed. Not acceptable for what we have paid for the product.

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Horrible product that won’t keep a charge
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

AMAZING STILL HAVING BATTERY CHARGING ISSUES- shows 100% fully charged then not long after shows I need to charge battery- So disappointed in this product.....

Shame n Arlo and shame on me-

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

And you are surprised after reading all of my comments... Horrible Product---

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation