Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Socom2Fiend
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello All, today I purchased the pro 3 floodlight and I’ve noticed the battery has gone from 100 to 50% in the last 4 hours. The light turns on whenever a car oases but the camera isn’t recording. Is this normal? I downloaded the latest firmware. Please help before I return this thing.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you don't have the camera properly positioned if it's recording every car. Rotate the camera down to at least get the road in the upper third of the view (I'd suggest even rotating further down). Since the cameras are set up to work for recording people, the maximum distance for detecting them is ~25 feet so use that as a guide for positioning. Cars give off much more IR content than people so eliminating them from view is the first step. The floodlight will still illuminate a lot of territory even with the new positioning.

You may also want to consider reducing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules.

Socom2Fiend
Aspirant
Aspirant
So that’s the thing, it’s not recording every car, but the light would turn on when cars pass. That’s the issue, the light keeps turning on draining my battery. Maybe reducing the sensitivity will help?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Socom2Fiend wrote:
So that’s the thing, it’s not recording every car, but the light would turn on when cars pass. That’s the issue, the light keeps turning on draining my battery. Maybe reducing the sensitivity will help?

Yes, reducing the motion sensitivity should help.

And/or aim the camera to reduce the amount of traffic in the field of view.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation