Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight with 25-ft. Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JB_arlo_99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm considering buying the Pro 3 floodlight. I prefer it to be hard wired. Does the outdoor magnetic charging cable accomplish this? I prefer to wire this to an electrical outlet box, not a plug. How is the cable configured? Is it required to be a plug?  Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JB_arlo_99 wrote:

I'm considering buying the Pro 3 floodlight. I prefer it to be hard wired. Does the outdoor magnetic charging cable accomplish this? I prefer to wire this to an electrical outlet box, not a plug. How is the cable configured? Is it required to be a plug?  Thanks in advance. 

It's not designed to be hard wired. It'd be great if there was an accessory that was intended to be hard wired (with screw terminals for the power connection instead of a plug).

It is a fully integrated cable with a plug/power adapter on one end and a magnetic coupling to the floodlight.  The power adapter part on the US plug is 2 inches tall, 1 5/8" wide and about 1 1/2" thick (not counting the plug itself).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JB_arlo_99 wrote:

It's not designed to be hard wired. It'd be great if there was an accessory that was intended to be hard wired (with screw terminals for the power connection instead of a plug).

It is a fully integrated cable with a plug/power adapter on one end and a magnetic coupling to the floodlight.  The power adapter part on the US plug is 2 inches tall, 1 5/8" wide and about 1 1/2" thick (not counting the plug itself).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation