Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight not discovered (FB1001)

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
hhanasand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to connect to the camera 20+ times now and I can't get it to work.

I am connected to my network which is a 2,4GHz network. It does flash blue when it's supposed to.

The QR code generates a chime. But after this it's left searching for devices forever and nothing shows up.

I found some mention of opening port 80 and 443 on the router, but I can't do a port forwarding without an IP address and it looks like these cameras don't use IP addresses?

Any suggestions? Is is a defect or do I need to change something in the router?

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hhanasand wrote:

I found some mention of opening port 80 and 443 on the router,

Ignore that, it's almost never an issue.  (That said, the cameras definitely have IP addresses).

@hhanasand wrote:

I am connected to my network which is a 2,4GHz network. It does flash blue when it's supposed to.

The QR code generates a chime. But after this it's left searching for devices forever and nothing shows up.

The chime just confirms that the camera has read the QR code. Check the attached device list in the router, and see if the camera is listed there.  That will let you know if the camera has managed to join your wifi network.

Also, if you are using the app, then I suggest also trying a PC (my.arlo.com).  That sometimes will work when the phone fails.

hhanasand
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I tried what you suggested and the camera does appear (with an IP) in the routers list of devices. 

Tried to connect, failed.

Then I tried your suggestion of trying to connect via my computers browser, still same problem.

So I tried to open the ports 80 and 443 now that I had an Ip.

Tried to connect, failed again.

Should I just consider this unit a defect? It can't possibly be supposed to be this hard

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hhanasand wrote:

So I tried to open the ports 80 and 443 now that I had an Ip.

I recommend that you undo that change.  Those ports are used for web browsing, while some companies might put proxy in the way, the ports are almost always open on a home network.

Do you use a VPN?

hhanasand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok I have removed the port forwarding.

I do not use a VPN. I also have a Arlo Video Doorbell which works fine on my network so I'm feeling something is off with this particular unit.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hhanasand wrote:

I do not use a VPN. I also have a Arlo Video Doorbell which works fine on my network so I'm feeling something is off with this particular unit.

That could be.  though of course it was able to join your wifi.

Have you tried the hardware reset?  (hold down the black button inside the camera for about 15 seconds - it will llash amber).

Another thing you could try is to create a hotspot on your phone that has the same network name/password as your home wifi.  Then turn off your router wifi and see if onboarding suceeds.  If it does, disable the hospot and turn on the router wifi.

hhanasand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh I have held down that damn button 30 times I think, every time i try to set it up I have to do it to get it blinking.

I actually already did that hot-spot trick, pretty proud when I came up with it, but again, same result.

Think I'll bring it back to the shop tomorrow. Shame there's no refund on the 5 hours I've spent angry lol.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

hhanasand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I returned the unit, got a replacement which worked immediately. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation