Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight mount to siding

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sotomayorh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it safe to drill holes into the vinyl siding to install the Arlo Pro 3 floodlight? My house is all vinyl siding and I am trying to find a way to mount the camera. Any recommendations?

Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I mounted mine at a corner since the corner piece is more rigid than the siding itself. However, if you need to place it on the siding, you can just use longer screws that get to the wood beneath the siding. Just don't torque them all the way down - just tight enough.

Sotomayorh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the reply. I am sorry, I never owned a house so this is all new to me. I attached an image. Did you install yours on this?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, that's the part.

Sotomayorh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so much
Richmond25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for posting that it could be just the thing to give inspiration to someone who needs it! Keep up the great work!

pent
Guide
Guide

I'm also new to owning a house. I directly installed the pro3 floodlight onto my vinyl siding and haven't had any issues. I used a little bit of silicon sealant around the installation point to make sure I wouldn't get any water leakage issues.

I installed them around the middle of September 2020 and still no issues w/ respect to installing directly on vinyl siding. 

Sotomayorh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for sharing!
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation