Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera replacement mounting bracket

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Gary75
Follower
Follower

My plastic mounting bracket broke (the base of the bracket that was attached to the wall).  It has been several weeks now but I have not been able to find a replacement bracket.  When I tried to get help from Arlo, there was no one around to help (just a bot at the chat, and it requires a membership). 

Arlo has a good product but sub-standard customer service/service after-sale. It is unfortunate as when one pays $250 for an item, one would expect it to last more than 2 years, or at least have people to be around to help if there is a problem.  It is time to look elsewhere - maybe Ring has a better customer service department.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gary75 wrote:

My plastic mounting bracket broke (the base of the bracket that was attached to the wall).  It has been several weeks now but I have not been able to find a replacement bracket. 

Is the camera still under warranty (1 year)?

Arlo doesn't provide replacement mounts for the floodlight, so I think a warranty replacement of the entire camera is your only option.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, you could temporarily subscribe to a single camera sub so you can contact support. Maybe they would send a new piece but it could be a whole camera, as noted above. Unsubscribe when satisfied.

lp77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I managed to get a spare one time, when I'd put it up wrong, but recently as I'm moving home, I needed a new one, and it seems that although they still make the cameras, there is no provision for any requirement to replace this part. It seems such a massive oversight, the response I got was to buy a new camera, or use the ceiling mount (which would set my camera at an odd angle)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation