Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Smart Notification Trial -

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dajexx
Follower
Follower

Tomorrow is deadline for my Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Smart Notification trial cancellation.  Does the camera and floodlight cease to work when trial is canceled? Received notice that AC connectivity is turned off in camera. This seems  Previously created activity zone.  Should I delete them since I am not subscribing to a monthly payment plan?  And, shouldn't my camera and floodlight still work without a plan?  I have the 7 day cloud recording.  Shouldn't I still have that feature without a Smart Notification monthly payment plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription for cloud recordings (as well as Smart, if you want it). The older cameras will keep on working as they always have but the floodlight either needs that sub or be connected to your base so local recordings can happen. In order for local recordings to work you'll need at least a VMB4000 base - older/lesser ones aren't capable. If your base is lower than the VMB4540 you'll need to safely eject the drive to view recordings on a computer. The VMB4540 and higher can use the app to view the recordings directly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription for cloud recordings (as well as Smart, if you want it). The older cameras will keep on working as they always have but the floodlight either needs that sub or be connected to your base so local recordings can happen. In order for local recordings to work you'll need at least a VMB4000 base - older/lesser ones aren't capable. If your base is lower than the VMB4540 you'll need to safely eject the drive to view recordings on a computer. The VMB4540 and higher can use the app to view the recordings directly.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation