Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Light turning on repeatedly and often

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mias
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlights (model: FB1001AerH4) on firmware 1.080.26.5_58_3b3ef75.

There are no current firmware updates for it on my app.

It is connected via wifi--we have a hub, but it's not connected to that.  Running on only battery power--we bought a magnetic cord so we wouldn't have to charge it all the time, but would like to resolve this issue before setting it up for good.

The light continuously turns on for 15-20 seconds repeatedly at night over and over and over--on a full charge the battery usually lasts about 5 days.

Thought maybe cars from the road were setting it off, so we changed the activity zone making it smaller and smaller.  At this point the zone is about the size of a penny, focused on a part of the pavement of our driveway nowhere near where we park and nowhere near the road.  No motion video is ever recorded, so we don't believe there's any motion activating it.

Any idea how to make the light stop turning on over and over?

Furthermore--if not a separate problem, the light setting don't comply with what's set in the Arlo app.

In the settings, when you click on duration, I have it set to 10 minutes.  When you go back one screen, duration reads as 600 min!

Even between the two, when motion is actually recorded and the light is activated, it only stays on for 15-20 seconds.

Is this unit just defective?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mias wrote:

Even between the two, when motion is actually recorded and the light is activated, it only stays on for 15-20 seconds.

When recording at night, the light stays on only while the recording is happening.  So that behavior is expected.

@mias wrote:

The light continuously turns on for 15-20 seconds repeatedly at night over and over and over--on a full charge the battery usually lasts about 5 days.

Thought maybe cars from the road were setting it off, so we changed the activity zone making it smaller and smaller.  At this point the zone is about the size of a penny, focused on a part of the pavement of our driveway nowhere near where we park and nowhere near the road.  No motion video is ever recorded, so we don't believe there's any motion activating it.

The light will go on whenever motion is detected - whether in the zone or not.

That is because the activity zone processing is happening in the Arlo cloud.  Wheneven motion is detected at night by the PIR sensor, the light will come on, and the video will be streamed to the cloud.  If the motion is out of the zone (which sounds like is the case), then the video is discarded.

Have you tried reducing the motion detection threshold?  And/or making sure the road is not in the field of view of the camera?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Salvaggio356 

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks 

sia_later
Star
Star

This extreme battery drain behaviour is also happening to me recently. Approximately around a week ago now where it goes drains the battery completely from 100% overnight. The interval recordings were within 2 to 3 mins each. This behaviour is very new as the battery has never consistently lasted less than 12 hours.

It goes without saying that the battery is excessively being drained by the light but the frequency of it turning on is out of the ordinary behaviour in my use case so something clearly has changed recently.

TL:DR battery lasting only one night; started a week ago; never ever happened before since installation (>18 months old).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sia_later wrote:

This extreme battery drain behaviour is also happening to me recently. Approximately around a week ago now where it goes drains the battery completely from 100% overnight. The interval recordings were within 2 to 3 mins each.

Have you tried removing the battery from the floodlight, and reinserting it? That reboots the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation