Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight (FB1001) - Light No Longer Turns On After FW Update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
knight1fox3
Guide
Guide

As the subject indicates, did the latest FW (1.080.25.1_32_e230cb8) cause the the floodlight to stop working? It has been working fine the last few days. Today (12/20) I saw a FW update was pushed. Now the floodlight no longer turns on with motion or manually. I'm not sure what could have gone wrong given I just purchased the unit earlier this month. Any feedback/suggestions appreciated, thank you in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
knight1fox3
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the responses. It was certainly an odd issue for sure. Further to that, prior to the FW update, the floodlight camera reported itself as being offline for a couple hours. Which I also couldn't figure out what to do about as I have other cameras (Nest) on the same network which were not reporting any system interruptions. Anyway, I decided to try rebooting the camera (post FW update) from the Android app versus removing/re-adding which I believe is cumbersome to do in my opinion. After that, the light was functioning normally again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would start by removing and reconnecting the camera. That should clear out any weirdness.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I would start by removing and reconnecting the camera. That should clear out any weirdness.

I suggest removing and reinserting the battery first.  Then maybe toggle the camera off/on in the app (or my,arlo.com).

Both are easier than removing/re-adding the camera, (though you still might end up having to do that). 

knight1fox3
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the responses. It was certainly an odd issue for sure. Further to that, prior to the FW update, the floodlight camera reported itself as being offline for a couple hours. Which I also couldn't figure out what to do about as I have other cameras (Nest) on the same network which were not reporting any system interruptions. Anyway, I decided to try rebooting the camera (post FW update) from the Android app versus removing/re-adding which I believe is cumbersome to do in my opinion. After that, the light was functioning normally again.

knight1fox3
Guide
Guide

Reply to @StephenB :

"I suggest removing and reinserting the battery first.  Then maybe toggle the camera off/on in the app (or my,arlo.com). Both are easier than removing/re-adding the camera, (though you still might end up having to do that)." 

Thanks for the suggestion. Though I was reluctant to try anything power/battery-related as the camera & floodlight had been working normally the past 3-4 days. In addition, I also have the outdoor-rated charging cable installed. So if anything with the battery had gone awry, the constant power would have been present as an alternate source. I agree though that powering on/off and/or rebooting the floodlight camera is easier than the removal/re-add process.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation