Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After internet outage, Floodlight needed to be re-paired

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
romanforum
Aspirant
Aspirant

After an internet outage yesterday, my Arlo doorbell reconnected and remained online, whereas my Floodlight went and stayed offline, and needed to be removed and re-sync'd/paired to the wifi network.  Is this expected behavior?   If I'm away for a week and the internet goes out briefly the 2nd day, I've got no Floodlight capability for days... 

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

romanforum,

Typically, the connection should restore on it's own (you can test this by rebooting or powering down your router to simulate an outage). How long was the outage? Was your home network also down (power outage) or was it just an internet outage?

JamesC

romanforum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, James.  Forgot to mention that I did test via powering down the router, and same thing happened- Floodlight required removal and repairing, but not the doorbell, which reconnected.  Only difference between Floodlight and Doorbell is that the former is perhaps 15' further away from the nearest wifi access point, and a bit lower in battery strength.  Any additional advice?  Obviously I need to be able to fix this in order to hold onto the device.  Thx

romanforum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update:  I rebooted router again, and this time I noted that halfway through attempting to restart the floodlight remotely (from my app while device was still installed), it was trying to sync through a different wifi network- NOT the 2.4 that I sync'd it through before rebooting router.  When I asked it to reconnect with the 2.4 network, it took me to an app screen wanting me to push in the sync button on the device.. but this time I ignored that direction as if I were in a different country and after a few minutes the device sync'd itself to the 2.4 network I had re-entered into the app, and I got up and running again without touching device.  If I can do this via cellular remotely, this is just barely OK.. even better though would be if the device were smart enough to sync back to the network it last successfully sync'd to.   Thoughts?

romanforum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried calling ARlo support but was told I can't because I don't have a plan.  But yoru support table says I can get pghone support within 90 days of purchase, and I'm in that window.  What's going on?  Also, I tried the router test again, and this time the doorbell wouldn't reconnect- and that requires doorbell removal to re-sync.  I go through the steps and am told the Doorbell is 'found' (green check) and then see that the device is still 'disconnected'.  What I see is that devices want to reconnect to the network my phone is currently connected to, NOT the 2.4 guest network they were using.  This almost seems like a bug...? Help!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware is now available for Arlo Pro 4 and Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight cameras containing fixes that should help alleviate the issue being discussed here. Please make sure your cameras have automatically updated to the latest firmware and test again to see if the behavior has improved.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation