Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

what are the best options to connect a power source to the cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jeanpierrelutz
Follower
Follower

I have four Arlo Pro cameras and am about to buy two Arlo Pro 2’s. After a few months of scaling my ladder every 4 or 5 weeks to pop out batteries/charge them and remounting the cameras, I am a little “over” the wireless power situation. I want to get these things to require less of my time. So... what are the best options to connect a power source to the cameras? Does the solar panel work for the Pro/ Pro 2? Does it work outside? How about a cable to a plug (I could do this through my attic)?

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The solar panel would be a great option.

I have mine outside lying totally flat and it still gets enough sun to keep the battery fully charged.

It will run both the Pro and the Pro2.

Unfortunately there is no outdoor mains charger that has a waterproof enough connector that  you could use.

Cholmes100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the solar panel option allow for continuous recording?  I would like one cam to record continuously but don't want it burning power 24/7, thats why I went with arlo battery

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cholmes100,

The Solar panel does not allow for CVR. To utilize the CVR feature, your Arlo Pro 2 must be plugged in to a dedicated outlet using the included wall plug and charging cable. For more information on CVR, take a look here: Arlo Support What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I get it?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation