Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

URGENT! Mac Downloads Not Working... Needs Fixing ASAP!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am an Arlo user and Mac engineer. Been using Arlo for more than a year and Macs for 20+ years, so I know how it is supposed to operate. On a Mac, when dowloading by using Select All or manually selecting clips, it just downloads the files to the Downloads folder. The only indication of any action is seeing the Downloads folder jump up and down as files are added. There are no popup tabs involved whatsoever.

As of yesterday, something has changed where the download process is now opening (hundreds!) of tabs before downloading the files. Chrome auto blocks the popups so no files are getting downloaded and a warning is shown. This has never happened before.

Talking to support is worse than hitting your head against the wall. They have no idea how Mac OS operates and all they tell you, robotically, is to clear the cache, clear the cookies, etc. We are a major Mac shop and have been programming for 20+ years on Mac, so we know when there's a problem and there's a major problem here. This has nothing to do with &#^%#^& cookies or cache, and it is happening on all of our machines, so it isn't machine specific. And the *#&*#*) last time, I don't need to reboot the computer! Support is literally clueless.

As an FYI, the same thing was replicated on Safari as well, so it isn't just a Chrome issue. Again, the normall behavior is not to open any new tabs. This is the first time the Chrome/Safari popup blocker warning has ever come up. So, Arlo's servers are sending the wrong data headers to the browser, and instead of directly downloading the files, the browser is opening tabs first.

If anyone out there at Netgear is monitoring these posts, someone needs to get on this problem ASAP before a ton of Mac users start calling in.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlo-user123,

Engineering is aware of this issue and is currently investigating a fix. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation