Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rules have disappeared - Arlo pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Shmorgs
Guide
Guide
Guys
Have had Arlo about 6 weeks - I’m fairly tech savvy but could be missing something here. When I got the system (5 cams) I setup custom modes and rules and attached them to a schedule. I’ve suddenly noticed today that the rules have all disappeared but the modes are still there ie the mode looks blank with no rules included anymore.

Is this a central problem rather than a local one or have others experienced this ?
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base and see if that helps. Also try both the app and a browser.

Shmorgs
Guide
Guide

Cheers!   Had tried a reboot from the app and didn't help.  Tried deleting app and re-installing and for for a while it worked....rules reappeared and then dissappeared again.  Bizarre.  Checked again on the walk back from the station tonight and were still gone, and then just checked now i'm home and they've reappeared again.  Errrr ?!  I resited the base last night for the first time since i bought the kit - coincidence ?  I'm using some old powerlines as the hub centric location meant the front cam over the cars kept cutting out.  Location/range now fixed but just seems an odd set of events.  Don't fully understand the architecture but rules are stored in the cloud i assume.....? Or are they primed from the base and synced to the cloud ?  Cams are working fine so can't be the powerlines i don't think.  Will see how it goes tonight - thanks again 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation