Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

recording just to Base Station HDD (no to the cloud)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ldm1417
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I'm about recording of the video clips to the Hard Drive, which is attached to the Base Station.

Will I have an access to the recorded clips from my PC?

Is there an option to record ALL the clips always to both places – to the cloud and to HDD?

Is there an option do not connect the Base Station to the Ethernet/WiFi Router at all, so all the video clips would be recorded/sent to the attached HDD only?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm about recording of the video clips to the Hard Drive, which is attached to the Base Station.

Will I have an access to the recorded clips from my PC?

No, the drive must be removed and then viewed by the computer with a prgm that reads mp4 files ( you can not access directly from the app/web prgm )

Is there an option to record ALL the clips always to both places – to the cloud and to HDD?

They do this automactically if there is internet connection

Is there an option do not connect the Base Station to the Ethernet/WiFi Router at all, so all the video clips would be recorded/sent to the attached HDD only?

NO, the HD will record videos if previously set up to do so and the internet is lost, but you will not have any controls / commands to the base/cameras.... It is meant only as a backup

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ldm1417
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, so if I understood you correctly, the video clips will be stored in HDD in any case - either there is an Internet connection or not.

If there is an Internet connection then the clips will be stored in the cloud and in the HDD - the same clips in both places. 

If there is no an Internet connection then the clips will be stored in the HDD only.

Did I understand you correctly?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes... if the record function is set up before the internet goes out

As mentioned tho, you will have no way of sending commands to the unit

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes