Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jfinkler
Aspirant
Aspirant

So one of the five cameras in my Arlo Pro 2 system is exhibiting an odd behavior, wondering if this is something anyone else had noticed. When I log into the Arlo iOS app, the system checks camera status for all five cameras and then does one of two things:

(1) immediately pushes a "motion detected on camera X" notification for this camera, or
(2) does nothing unusual, but when I push the 'play' button for camera X to display a live view, it then pushes a "motion detected on camera X" notification as soon as it connects to the camera.

When reviewing the resulting recording in situation (1) or reviewing the camera's field of view live in situation (2) there is no visible motion that I can detect that would have triggered the camera. Rather, it appears that the app's checking the camera status or switching the camera to live view is what triggers the recording.

It's worth mentioning that this behavior is fairly but not always consistent; occasionally when I log into the iOS app there is no 'motion detected on camera X' notification, and when I go into the live view for camera X there is no 'motion detected on camera X' notification, but usually, I'd say 95% of the time, one of the two events (1) or (2) occurs.

I searched the forums and found these two related threads on this subject:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-pro-app-causing-motion-to-be-detected-falsely-when-live/...

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-incorrectly-detects-motion-and-records-when-I-view-a...

but it doesn't look like the problem has been solved/resolved therein. Has anyone else noticed this behavior with any of their cameras, and if so, can you share any insight into this you may have? Thanks in advance for your help in this.

--Josh F (Colorado)

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jfinkler

What OS is your Apple devices running?

Also, what is the firmware version is your base & camera running? & what version of the Arlo app are you using?

jfinkler
Aspirant
Aspirant

my iphone is running iOS 12.3.1, which appears to be the latest version for the iphone 6s.

i installed my arlo system last week on 06/29/19 and allowed the base station to check for and install firmware updates as part of the installation process at that time, it is running firmware 1.12.2.4_2772 and shows 'no updates available'.  the cameras are running firmware 1.125.13.0_31717 and also show 'no updates available'. 

i downloaded the arlo app using the apple app store on the same date, the arlo app version is 2.7.10 (91).  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the info, have you tried to remove & resync this camera to the base?

If you log in on the web does the camera give you the same notifications? Also, is there another device (maybe Android) you can test this issue with as well?

jfinkler
Aspirant
Aspirant

resyncing the camera doesn't solve the problem.  when i log in through a web browser the same problem occurs, as soon as i hit the 'live' button for that camera i get a notification on my phone that motion was detected on that camera.  i haven't had an opportunity to try this in android but i doubt it will make a difference, as i am seeing the same behavior in iOS and in windows.

mrthree
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issue. A motion alert is triggered when live viewing one of my 3 pro2 cameras. Despite triggering the alert, no recording occurs. Clearly a bug exists, where "live view" unnecessarily triggers the motion alert. It's particularly annoying as the camera is shared with a few other people, and whenever anyone "live views" the camera it triggers a motion alert for everyone. The issue appears to be specific to one camera, which has been rebooted, updated and re-synced. I have come to the conclusion a firmware update is needed, or a new camera.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mrthree

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

ChristineoD
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem that occurs when I log into the app on IOS. It triggers a motion detected when there is nothing triggering. It is only happening to one of my Arlo Pro2 cameras. Did you happen to get this resolved?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @ChristineoD

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation